Captain - Tim Palmer
1st Lt. - Marc Roe
2nd Lt. - Andrew Lemin
Safety Officer - Charlie Niemann
President - Rob Pappas
Vice President - Frank Ritchie
Secretary - Allan Baird
Treasurer - Bill Lindberg
Warden - Frank Corkum Jr.
Warden - Kevin Colomba
Trustee - Matt Warsaw
Trustee - Charlie Niemann
Trustee - Scott Lemin
Engineer - Bob Lemin
F.A.S.T. Officer - Dan Baruffaldi
DTO - Frank Corkum Jr.
DTO - Joe Smith
Frank Corkum Jr.
1889, an application was made to the Village of Warwick
trustees for the formation of a hook and ladder company. The
application was approved; the fire company later to be know as
the Goodwill Hook and Ladder Company No. 1 was organized on
January 25, 1890. The Board of Trustees accepted the company
on April 7, 1890.
first the company had no designated name and was simply know
as Hook and Ladder Company. Their first appearance was the
village Memorial Day Parade of 1890 and was listed as Hook and
Ladder Company No. 1. Their first meeting was held on April
17, 1891 when the village rented them quarters in the Village
Hall, know then as the White Elephant.
first officers elected of the company in 1890 included William
Dolson (Forman), Elijah Blyth (1st Assistant), Fred
Quackenbush (2nd Assistant), Al Burke (Secretary), William
Miles (Treasurer), and Rev. D.C. Litchfield (Chaplain). The
Reverend was given the honor of naming the company, choosing
Goodwill as its name.
first ladder truck was purchased on November 21, 1891 at the
cost of $538.98, the money being raised by the company holding
fund raisers such as dances. It was a hand-drawn rig made by
Gleason and Bailey Company of Seneca Falls, New York. Although
a hand-drawn rig, it was often pulled by a team of horses
usually supplied by Charles Decker when available. The
equipment carried on the apparatus consisted of one 45’
extension ladder, one 20’ ladder, one 16’ roof ladder, 12
leathered buckets and a full compliment of axes, crowbars,
etc. The truck was publicly exhibited at the Thanksgiving Day
Parade in the Warwick that same year.
incorporation of the company was applied for January 2, 1895
and was signed by Edward Miles, Albert Burke, William Cook,
Frank Heinzelmann, Smith Griffin, William Dolson, Frank Hall,
John C. Arnot, finally approved by Justice William Dickey, of
the New York Supreme Court, on June 16, 1898. This corporation
was for a period of fifty years. The company has since been
incorporated for the remainder of its existence.
| The first
Goodwill Hook and Ladder member to become a chief of the
Warwick Fire District was William Dolson. He elected into
position as Second Chief in 1892.
|| The company
was usually called the “Goodwill” but somewhere along the
years the name was affectionately changed to the “Hooks”
and is known by this name today.
| In 1924,
they body of their first hand-drawn truck was transferred to a
Reo truck chassis by McPeek Motor Company of Warwick, at a
cost of $ 1390. Again this truck was purchased at no cost to
the taxpayers, as the “ Hooks “ raised money through fund
raisers such as dances, movies, ect.
was replaced in 1939 by a 1938 Ward LaFrance fire truck at a
cost of $7000 with a $250 trade in allowance for the Reo. The
Ward was replaced in 1959 with a 1959 American LaFrance 65’
aerial truck at the cost of $ 32,733 with an allowance of
$1000 for the Ward. In 1981 a new American LeFrance 100’
ladder replaced the 1959 ladder truck.
In March of
2002, the Goodwill Hook and Ladder Company replaced this truck
wit a 2001 E-One Aerial Platform at a cost over $600,000. This
truck is currently stationed at Warwick Station One.